Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Outfit: Books of Wonder

This is what I wore to see one of my favorite fantasy authors! Last Thursday, I hopped a train to Books of Wonder, a children's and YA bookstore on 18th St, to see Victoria Schwab. She's written books such as A Darker Shade of Magic, Vicious, and The Archived. Her stop at Books of Wonder was for the release of her latest book, This Savage Song. I already started reading it and it's fantastic. Her writing is so crisp and vivid and her characters come alive off the page. 

It was great hearing her talk (and on her birthday no less!) about how she organizes her books in rainbow order, how everything she writes is a new twist on something (multiple dimensions, superheroes, death, monsters), and that writers should be creative every day. Victoria Schwab said this writing characters and I had to write it down: "It's about prying loose small truths." So true!

When it was my turn to meet her and get my book signed, I told her that her writing inspires me to write and she said I was brave to go into the insanity that is writing. You are so right, Miss Schwab!

This was the first book signing I attended and I definitely want to go to more!
Jacket: Aeropostale | Top: via Poshmark | Pin: Kookoobird 
Jeans: Hollister | Shoes: Keds via Poshmark

Have you ever met one of your favorite authors?
Do you go to book signings? 

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover