Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DIY: Golden Lace Crown


1. Grab two pieces of paper and tape them together. Then use it  to measure your head (or the head of the little girl or boy that it's for) and tape the paper into a circle. Put it aside for now.

2. Lay down newspaper and two paper plates. Pour some Modge Podge into one plate and put the lace flat on the other. Using a thick brush (but make sure it isn't a brush where the hairs come out), "paint" the Modge Podge onto the lace. It's easier to dab it thickly onto the lace rather than sweeping it across. You want all of it to be saturated with the Modge Podge. Don't worry about it being all white because it will dry clear.
3. Once you've finished painting one side, flip it over and do the other side.
4. When the lace is covered with Mode Podge, place the paper crown onto a third clean plate and then place the lace around the crown. Try to get the ends to match up as best as possible and to make sure that its against the paper as straight as possible. Let it dry overnight.
5. Now that the lace crown is stiff, get out a cup and pour some acryllic paint into it in your choice of color and start painting. It's best if you dab at the crown. (If the lace isn't stiff, you can always add more Modge Podge and wait for it to dry again.) You can paint the outside and inside, or just the outside. It's up to you. Wait for it to dry.

6. Optional: Glue some fake gems onto the crown. I didn't yet, but I think I will before I give it to my sister.

7. Voila! Wear it yourself or give it to a little sister or friend. Don't you think this would be perfect for a little girl's princess birthday party?
What do you think?


Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Baha you are too cute! I think these could make super cute centerpieces!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I totally want to make one of these for my bday party this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome, I love diy, and this one is so creative.
    You have a lovely blog, followed you, hope you follow me too so we stay in touch.

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a princess! This is such a cute idea :) I love it!

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh this is so cute Sara!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I did this very thing for my dolls when I was a kid! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK too cute! I have been thinking of doing something like this for a friends babies first birthday party. This turned out soooo great, I am copy you! I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover