Friday, December 21, 2012

Review: CoverGirl's Blast Flipsticks

*I'm a Bzz Agent and receive free products in order to spread the word and give my honest opinion. If this is something you would like to do, join here.*

CoverGirl's Blast Flipsticks are a clever idea -- you get two lipsticks in one tube! The idea is that it can be taken from day to night by adding the shimmery shade to the creamy shade. I was really excited to try this because I love CoverGirl's Lip Perfection lipsticks, which are moisturizing and come in both shimmery and matte shades, so I was slightly disappointed with the Blast Flipsticks.
{Vixen, Stunner, & Minx}
The shades I received are Vixen (burgandy and pearlescent pink), Stunner (bright coral pink and gold), and Minx (deep brown and bronze). I like Vixen's colors because it suits my complexion, while the Stunner is too bright and Minx is too dark. The main problem I have with the Blast Flipsticks is that both sides (and all the shades available) are shimmery. Yes, one is creamier than the other, but both have shimmer in them. Personally, I like to wear matte or glossy lipstick, but I don't like rather large flakes of shimmer, which all of them have.

Right now, there are only thirteen shades, so I hope CoverGirl adds Flipsticks that are either both matte, both glossy, or have one matte side and one glossy side, but NO SHIMMER! They're excluding a whole group of women by only having glittery lipsticks available.

My other problem with the Blast Flipsticks is that they are very drying. I had to put moisturizer on before and after applying, even with the creamy side. It's not a huge problem since a lot of lipsticks are drying, but since their Lip Perfection lipsticks are moisturizing I figured these ones would be, too.
 Vixen's pearl pink & berry
 Stunner's flaky gold & bright pink & both together
Minx's mocha & both together
I forgot to take a picture of just the bronze; it's sheer like the gold
but more metallic overall rather than having just flecks of shimmer.
Overall, there is a nice range of colors in the Blast Flipstick line going from nude to light pink to bright pink to berry to purple and brown, so there is a shade for everyone, but I don't think I'll be purchasing it on my own unless matte and glossy shades are added.
What do you think? Have you tried CoverGirl's Blast Flipsticks?
What do you think of them?

If you belong to a company or small business that would like me to review a product, head on over to my contact page for more information. I've been reviewing products on BzzAgent since 2009.

(Images via BzzAgent or CoverGirl)

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these but now I'm totally intrigued! And I love the shade that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like they way they each look on their own, but im not a fan of them layered

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are clever and I like that you can create different color options It's a shame they're so drying and only come in shimmery shades. I think I'll pass for now.

    New York really is more magical during the holidays isn't it :)
    Happy Holidays Sara!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shades, but I couldn't deal with it being drying. They all look great on you though, especially the bright pink one :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover