Thursday, December 13, 2012

Inspired By: The Winter Season

Winter can be dreary and gray and cold, but there is a lot going for it -- beautiful snow, the feeling of a fresh start come January, snuggling inside with family and friends on a cold day, and of course the holidays.
 
Winter Wonderland
Inspired By: Winter -- Winter Wonderland
{Click above for item info}
 
The beauty of a freshly snowed upon world -- trees, ground, cars, roofs -- makes everything look pristine and new and lovely, so to dress like a winter wonderland don all white and gray. A white cable knit sweater with gray jeans and gray booties, or a white lace dress, an open gray cardigan, polka dot tights, and white Converse sneakers.
 
A Fresh Start
Inspired By: Winter -- Fresh Start
January means a fresh start: New goals, new resolutions, a way to begin again. These outfits are as much inspired by the fireworks on New Year's Eve as they are about busting out the trendy clothes that you may have been too scared to wear before, but this is a new year, so one of your 2013 resolution should be NO FEAR! Go all out in a bold striped dress with black accessories, or a sequined blazer with a black peplum top and pencil skirt.
 
Cozy Home
Inspired By: Winter -- Cozy Home
Winter means spending time with loved ones in a cozy home, whether it's simply on the weekends in pajamas when it's too cold to venture outside, or for a fun get together at someone's house with laughter and drinks giving you warmth. For a super casual day, stick to a flannel shirt, heart pajama bottoms, socks, and animal slippers. At a party with friends and family, wear a comfortable dress and nude accessories.
 
The Holidays
Inspired By: Winter -- The Holidays
Everyone looks forward to the holidays, especially for the presents and the chance to dress up more than usual. Both outfits are rather fancy, so they work for an office party, family get together, dinner party, or night out on the town. A black and metallic shealth dress, cape, and heels or burgandy blouse with printed trousers and black heels will work for any extravagant affair.

What do you think? What do you love or hate about winter?

Facebook Twitter PinterestInstagram
(Images via 1, 2, 3 & 4)

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I love this! So creative. I would hop in that winter wonderland outfit in an instant. I would also hop in all that fluffy snow. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that striped dress is awesome! i love all the aspects of winter that you picked! I like winter but i HATE the ice! I sucks having to walk around all slow because you might slip. I really hate slipping. also why i hate ice skating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate ice too! I don't want to trip in front of people and look like an idiot!

      Delete
  3. wow, I would wear it all and all over again. I love your "inspiration" posts.
    the first one is fabolous (said person who does not wear white colour) and I need these socks from "cozy home" one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't wear much white either (I always spill something on myself), but I love snow!

      Delete
  4. Aww, what a sweet post. I'm definitely feeling inspired by winter right now too. That gif is so cute... I love love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this concept! I think you pulled these outfits through so well! I especially love Cozy Home because that cinemagraph is my favorite, and the outfit is perfect for evenings in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, Sara, I would wear all of these outfits. Obsessed. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my new post and latest style column for LaurenConrad.com. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover