Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Without Words

I've always loved music. You would think, as a writer, it would be for the words, but I've always found myself more attracted to the actual music, rather than the lyrics. Although I love slow, somber alternative songs and the upbeat, catchy-lyric type, I also have a soft spot for wordless music.

Movie scores are absolutely fantastic, but I feel like people don't listen to them often enough. The music makes you feel what the character is feeling; it's emotionally-charged. It can be uplifting, thrilling, joyous, heart-breaking, terrifying, and most of the time it does so without you even realizing. And that's why I love it.

I like to call it modern classical. Here are some songs that I like...

"The Gravel Road" by James Newton Howard (The Village)

"503" by Joshua Bell & Hans Zimmer (Angels & Demons)

"Meeting Again" by Alexandre Desplat (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)

"A Postcard to Henry Purcell" by Jean-Yves Thibaudet (Pride & Prejudice)

"Obliviate" by Alexandre Desplat (Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows - Part 1)

"The Block" by Basement Jaxx (Attack the Block)

And one not from a movie...

"Optimist" by Zoe Keating

Do you like modern classical, or do you stick to what's on the radio?

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover